Chicken Adobo with Cauliflower RiceCourse: LunchCuisine: FilipinoDifficulty: Medium
3lbs chicken thighs1
1/4 cup reduced salt soy sauce2
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
8 cloves minced garlic
1 cauliflower head
4 bay leaves
1 large vidalia onion, sliced in strips
- Mince the garlic and set aside.
- Clean the chicken by rubbing with salt then rinse with water.3 Put the chicken in a large bowl.
- In the large bowl with chicken, add garlic, peppercorns, soy sauce and vinegar. Cover bowl with saran wrap and set in the fridge to marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Clean the cauliflower head and cut into smaller pieces. Add the pieces to a food processor and pulse it until they form a rice-like consistency.4
- Hard boil the eggs and remove the shells. Slice the onion and set both aside.
- After chicken has marinated, add to a pot and cook on high until boiling. Add bay leaves and lower heat to simmer. Simmer for about 35 minutes and then add onion and eggs. Cook the onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve adobo mixture on top of the cauliflower rice and enjoy!
- 1 I use chicken thighs, but the original recipe states to use legs, thighs, wings and half breasts.
- 2 I prefer reduced salt soy sauce, but use whatever type of soy sauce you prefer.
- 3 I often skip this step and it still tastes great.
- 4 I am all about cooking things smarter not harder. If you do not feel like making cauliflower rice, skip this step and just buy frozen riced cauliflower at the grocery store.